Energy storage: the cornerstone of a successful energy transition?
• What policies do we lobby for first?
• Repurposing batteries for second-life techniques such as ancillary services – are we there yet?
• Beyond using it for power generation, can the African utility use energy storage systems for grid stability or site resilience right now?
• What kind of alternative energy storage solutions other than batteries make sense for the energy sector right now?
- Frederic Verdol, Senior Power Engineer, The World Bank, South Africa
- Senior representative, Power Africa, United States*
- Peter Langley, Chief consultant, Eskom, South Africa