Integration Into The Grid
Solutions for how to best manage integration of renewable energy.
The nuts and bolts segment of getting power from the generator to the home – this is the backbone of all major power systems.
Challenges across the distribution sector include an inability to identify or stem losses from tampering or non-payment or manage the level of non-technical losses on the system. Coupled with an increasing need for grid resilience along with reliability, utilities are facing not only the impacts of climate change on the need for resilience, but also technical challenges brought about by the integration of renewable energy, communication, storage and cyber risks.
At Enlit Africa you will be able to find solutions to how best manage the integration of renewable energy and how storage will enable quicker, smarter grid balancing. Communication technology enables bi-directional communication, giving utilities deeper insight into the exact status of the grid and allows for longer term planning and CAPEX optimisation.
- Understand how technical losses can be managed by taking a holistic viewpoint of the distribution grid.
- Discuss the technical and regulatory implications of renewable energy integration on your grid, while ensuring continued reliability and resilience.
- Learn how you can prepare for and recover from a cyberattack, and why you need to prepare for when, not if, an attempt is made to hack your grid.
- Smart grid communication is a vital element of the new grid. Analyse various types of communication technologies and protocols and understand how each is delivering reliability and increasingly broad communication bands.
- Energy storage is no longer just a peak generation opportunity – it is being used for grid balancing and to drive power quality. Determine how best to implement storage on your network.
- Consider the process and analysis that needs to be undertaken to plan and implement a grid extension project, including considerations for off-grid access for rural communities.
Register Your Interest
Who should attend?
Any utility, developer or interested party who is wanting to understand:
- How they can improve revenue management and loss reductions across the network
- Why technology needs to be considered from a holistic perspective
- How to overcome the technical challenges of feeding renewable energy into the grid
- Why energy storage could be a game changer for your network operations
Vendors who want to understand:
- The technical and environmental challenges faced by utilities across Africa
- How regulation is changing and opening up opportunities in new markets
- Development policies and agendas which are driving investment and modernisation efforts
- Combatting technical and non-technical losses
- The challenges of grid resilience
- Cybersecurity and its impact on your business
- Smart grid and smart meter communication
- Battery storage
- Planning for grid extension – considerations and finance
Become a Sponsor or Exhibitor View Exhibitor List